- This event has passed.
We Make Change Happen: Fostering Diversity And Inclusion
November 7 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Diverse teams and organisations can generate innovative ideas and enhance business performance. However, a diverse organisation also needs to be inclusive to maximise that potential. Role models can play, in this sense, a crucial role on fostering diversity and inclusion as well as attracting, retaining and developing talented people.
On this event we will explore what it means to be an LGBT+ role model and the ways that everyone can step up as a role model to create inclusive workplaces.
Our panel speakers include:
- Amanda McKay: Balfour Beatty Major Projects Quality Director
- Tag Warner: Gay Times Commercial Director
- Glenn Robison: Arup Consultant in Infrastructure Advisory and Leeds Representative for Connect Out LGBT+ Network
- 5.30 pm – 6.00 pm: Registration & Networking
- 6.00 pm – 6.05 pm: Welcome to Arup – Paul Grover, Arup Associate Director
- 6.05 pm – 6.15 pm: Welcome to InterEngineering – John Bradbury, InterEngineering Vice-Chair
- 6.15 pm – 6.30 pm: Being a role model in the construction industry –Amanda McKay, Balfour Beatty
- 6.30 pm – 7.15 pm: Panel discussion chaired by Caleb Maxfield, InterEngineering Co-Chair
- 7.15 pm – 8.00pm: Q&A and Networking
Join us for this special eve of the Gay Times Honours Awards!
This event is kindly supported by Arup, Balfour Beatty and Gay Times.
Spaces are limited so don’t forget to register!Register Here