- This event has passed.
Coming Out: Experiences from LGBT+ Minorities
15th May 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
InterEngineering and the University of Salford invites you to join us for a unique event exploring the LGBT+ community.
The event will present some personal stories about coming out experiences from LGBT+ minorities and how it is being and LGBT+ student or professional in the format of a panel discussion. The evening will lead to an open debate around the challenges involved when coming out in the personal and professional environments and how we can all shape more inclusive evironments. We will have speakers representing both the industry and academia and different minorities within the LGBT+ community including:
- Rémi Saufisseau: Civil Engineering student at the University of Salford and University Liaison representative for InterEngineering
- Zhuozhang Li: Architect and PhD student at the University of Liverpool
- Molly Bennett: Executive Team Advisor at Cavendish Nuclear
- Jamie Angus: Professor of Audio Technology at the University of Salford
The event is an opportunity to learn about the LGBT+ community, to contribute to shape better and more inclusive environments and to encourage LGBT+ people to come out and be themselves.
There will be some refreshments and nibbles provided for the evening. Come along to learn about the importance of diversity and network with like-minded individuals.
- 6.30pm-7pm: Arrival and Networking
- 7.00pm-8.00pm: Panel discussion
- 8.00pm-8.30pm: Evening Closure