- This event has passed.
Inclusive Engineering: The Way Ahead
16th November 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Join us for our first inter-institute event (IChemE, ICE, IMechE and RAEng) on diversity and inclusion. Our expert panel will share their experience of creating more inclusive workplaces in both the public and private sectors, and chart the way ahead for the engineering industry.
We will explore approaches to inclusion in the workplace, ways of monitoring progress and the hidden minorities we may be overlooking. We will also consider the expectations of the next generation of engineers, the implications for social mobility in the industry, and the roles of individuals, companies and institutes.
- Dr Mark McBride-Wright, Diversity & Inclusion Working Group IChemE, Chair of InterEngineering
- Sarah Maskell, Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Royal Air Force
- David Johnson, Chief Executive, Social Mobility Foundation
- Melanie Jackson, Business Analyst & Co-Lead LGBT Network, National Grid
- Anne Jenkins, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, BAE Systems